Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need After Effects to customize your templates?

Yes. In order to customize the After Effects projects, you will need a copy of Adobe After Effects CS5.5 or higher.

Can I use another program like iMovie to customize your projects?

No, the only application that is capable of editing an After Effects project is Adobe After Effects.

Are your After Effects templates compatible with both Mac and PC?

Yes. After Effects projects are compatible with both Mac and PC versions of After Effects.

What versions of After Effects are your templates compatible with?

Compatible versions are After Effects CS5.5 and above.

Do your After Effects project files come with Help Tutorials?

Yes. All projects that are for sale include video help file explaining how to edit the project, meaning replacing the content with your text/logo and images or videos.

When I purchase a product, how do I receive it?

Once you’ve decided to purchase any product on this site, you’ll be directed to a secure page where you’ll be able to complete your transaction via PayPal. Upon payment, the file will be available to download via a link sent to the email address you provided during the purchasing process, or My Account page if you decided to create an account.

Can my purchase be refunded after downloading?

Unfortunately, due to the digital nature of the products, we are not able to offer refunds or accept returns on any purchases.

You can always request a project help file to check it´s structure first.

Can I give the project to someone else once I've purchased it?

No. Under no circumstances may you provide any asset contained within the product .ZIP file, to anyone other than yourself for use of any purpose. Every template is for single use only, and Licensing agreement, prohibits resale or duplication of any kind.

If I buy a template, do I have exclusive ownership of it?

You will get exclusive ownership only in case purchasing the template by unique price.

As for original template files, single use license, copyright remains to

Can I use an After Effects template to create multiple customized rendered videos for different clients?

You would need one license per unique end product and for each different client

I'm a freelancer/agency. Can I use the item for an end product I'm doing for a client?

Yes. You’re essentially buying the file on your client’s behalf. Whether a regular or Extended License is needed will depend on your client’s use of the end product. With both the regular and Extended License you are allowed to charge your client for creating the End Product. Once you transfer the end product to the client (eg giving them source files for the item), be sure to link your client to our licenses and delete the item itself from your computer.

Do I have to provide a link back or give you credit for the design?

No. After purchasing the template you are allowed to make any changes you need, and add any information you wish.

Can I resell a purchased template?

You may not place any of my products, whether modified or not on a website or any other alternative, and offer them for another distribution or resale of any kind without prior written consent from my company.

Example:  Buying a template, and upload to websites that sell templates posing as your work, it is not allowed.

What resolution can I render the After Effects project in?

All of my After Effects templates are built at a resolution of 1920×1080, which is full HD and large enough for most purposes.

Can you edit the template for me?

Of course! Whether you don’t have a copy of After Effects, or don’t know it well enough to customize one of my templates, I´m here to help. I offer affordable customization services for my templates, and you can find out more about pricing and service here.

Standard Licences

The majority of my items are covered by Standard Licenses. If your end product including the item is going to be free to the end user then a Regular License is what you need. An Extended License is required if the end user must pay to use the end product.

Note to freelancers and creative agencies:

You may charge your client for your services to create an end product, even under the Regular License. But you can’t use one of our Standard Licenses on multiple clients or jobs.

What are the main differences between the Regular License and the Extended License?

In simple terms, the main difference is that under the Regular License, your end product (incorporating the item you’ve licensed) is distributed for free, whereas under the Extended License your end product may be sold. Of course, if it was all that simple, we’d have a one sentence license, so please do read the licenses and the rest of these FAQs for more details!

If you’re a freelancer, you are allowed to create an end product for a client using the Regular License and charge them for your services.

Which license do I need for an end product that is only accessible to paying users?

If the end users need to pay to see the end product, you need an Extended License. There can be more than one end user as long as there is only one end product.

Example: A website that requires money before you can access the content.

I am planning to use the item in a product that I will sell. Which license do I need?

If the item is part of a product for sale, you need the Extended License.

Example: A game or dvd/blueray for sale.

Which license do I need for an end product that is freely accessible or freely distributed to users?

As long as the end users can freely access the end product, the Regular License is fine. There can be more than one end-user (the person who uses the end product, such as the end consumer) as long as there is only one, unique end product.

Example: YouTube video that’s free to view

I am a commercial entity or run a business. Do I always need an Extended License?

No, just using the item in a commercial setting doesn’t necessarily mean you need an Extended License. You need an Extended License if the end product is sold to end users. If the end product is free, even if you are a commercial enterprise, you only need a Regular License.